Saturday, August 1, 2009

Was it Barney behind the 'Friendship Day'?

Barney Stinson welcomes a bro to his gang by proclaiming,''Welcome to our fraternity, of non paternity'' as he gives the world a new day to celebrate named as 'Not a father day'..
It makes me wonder how these days originate when we celebrate any '' _ _ _ _ day ''..

Watching the party at my college yesterday night made me wonder, how can someone decide a day for celebration of friendship??
Sure a friendship day doesn't harm..Archies makes a fortune out of celebrations like these..And well even my chocolates got sold because of this celebration so i won't really complain ;)

But what bothers me is the superficiality of our existence that is getting created by the great marketing masterminds.. We need a day to show love, friendship, respect for our mother,father etc etc.. Friendship is the lifeblood for me..My mom at times tells me that the reason I come home is to only meet my friends :) ..
And well recently if i have to miss quizzes to roam around and create bhasad with a friend in gurgaon, i don't regret it..

With the kind of friends I have, everyday is a crazy new experience, everyday is a celebration, everyday is a reason for joy and everyday we need no reason to create Bhasad :)
And i really hope and pray that it stays this way because i don't want to get so trapped in the cycle of a zombie existence that i would need Archies to tell me which day to celebrate friendship, which day to kiss, which day to hug, which day to love, which day to show respect to my parents etc etc..

I DECIDE to celebrate friendship on each and every day i exist :)
Hey Friends, Love you all :)

3 comments:

  1. Bang on Target Mahaprabhu!!
    These marketing masterminds have made simple relationships, which were the part and parcel to our everyday joy, pleasure, pain, ecstasy, into pompous affairs.
    Now, one has to show his love through bands, cards & gifts! My cousin (a cute girl in class 8th), had a fight with her best friend because one of them was a fool big enough not to understand the importance of a friendship band!!!

    IMAGINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gr8 message budy :) Happy friendship day... everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm....friendship day..... hmmm.... sometimes i do things for people on ordinary days and the amiles on their faces and when a special occasion comes, i try and do something extra special.... to me.... deres no harm in celebrating just one more day... coz sometimes... v just dont take the effort.... i dont believe in making a day special, but i do believe in making that day extra special.... Thats me....:(... sorry cant help it...

    ReplyDelete