Thursday, June 18, 2009

The 3:30am drive!

Woosh!! thats the way first year went by at MDI. Now in second year things are a little different. We no longer have weekends (we have classes scheduled on each day of the week). But luckily my subject selection allows me an off day on thursday, and on this one i went home. Even few minutes spent with my shuttle28 gang of friends at home rejuvinates my mind completely.

So i decided to come back to MDI at night by first dropping dad to domestic airport at 3:30am and then driving back to MDI campus. For those who haven't checked out the new revamped domestic airport in Delhi, do check it out. Its just fab :)

So here i was driving on gurgaon highway at 3:30am in the morning with my car radio playing soothing music. I just realised that i was driving too fast and reached my campus road at 4:00 am. Well as the campus gates only open at 5:00am i didn't want to wait for an hour on any empty gurgaon road. So i went to one place where i knew i would find people and food and an awesome cup of tea. I went to cyber park, where i used to work about a year back in Hewitt Associates. That place is always alive with people of 8 different companies taking breaks at the road side dhabas and tea stalls outside the main building. I took a cup of tea and sat there in front of the main building admiring the archietecture of that one like i always do whenever i see it. My mind began to churn out thoughts.

One year back i was working at this place. Well i used to get back home at 9:00 in the night almost always but now-a-days almost all of my ex-collegues stay up late in the night and many times till the morning. I just realized that after another year many of my friends would be living a similar life, roaming like zombies at the death hour in the graveyard called the corporate. Well i have different plans for myself.

As i took another cup of tea just sitting there i thought of how each day at MDI teaches you something. Its just that we ignore the learnings most of the times. One year has taught me a lot, it has led to emergence of different traits in me. I have seen the best and worst of the same people. It is an altogether different world out there inside the campus. Sometimes I just feel that life is a lot less complicated outside the campus. But anyways i won't complain. its been a very interesting journey, both past one year and this 3:30am drive.

I decide to come back to campus and as still am not feeling sleepy, i sit down to write this blog post about my 3:30am drive..

Jai Hind

5 comments:

  1. you drove fast what was the speed 50km/h or 55km/h.

    ReplyDelete
  2. son don't measure everyone by your standards ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man i wish i was there!!! this was an excellent post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why the Jai Hind at the end of it? Why the graveyard called corporate? Some people like living dead and they have the right to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i just fell in love with your writing...... dont knw.... early morning storiesss just connect... evnthough i m not remotely an insomniac....:)

    ReplyDelete