Friday, December 28, 2012

2012!

My blog hasn't seen much action of late as most of my writings have come out in the form of FB notes. But two things prompted me to write something on my blog again 1) Going through my last blog post coming around the same time last year 2) a sudden itch to write.

So the world didn't end. I always wondered how I would live my life if the world was really to end few months from now. I have come to realize it wouldn't be much different from what it is right now. I have anyhow always lived taking everyday as a blessing and with an unshakable faith in a better future. When I imagine this world, I see great things building up; there are different individuals/architects workings around the world to build and design a great future. I have always felt at home being a part of this growing community of future architects.

2012 has been a special year again. When I look back, some things come to my mind:
  • Travel: It’s been a year when I along with my road trip junta have managed to scale snow peaks, befriend the roads and greet the ocean with open arms. Two awesome road trips:
o   9 days -1800 kms-from Delhi across Himachal: Pics from the trip
o   15 days- 4889 kms-Delhi to Goa covering 7 states: Pics from the trip

Travelling is awesome. Period! My thoughts about travel explained in one of my notes: Noises in my head .This year, we have stretched our previous travel/adventure limits to a new high. Next year Kashmir and Ladakh are on the cards by road.

  • The stiff climb: Crazy as it may sound, during one such road trip, we found ourselves randomly climbing a snow peak in Manali with the help of wooden sticks! After climbing half way, we felt the snow wasn't settled and gripping well enough. Return wasn't a feasible option, with our feet getting numb from cold, no human being in the line of sight as far as we could see. Out of breath, we kept moving on encouraging each other, taking turns to dig a path in the snow to settle our feet and move ahead. It was a scary time period as we recalled avalanche warnings from the stationed base security team. After what seemed like ages, we finally crossed over the entire mountain and saw an area which was open to public. Never before watching more human being felt any better and never before a warm cup of tea when we finally scaled down tasted any better

  • Skills for Life Initiative: Working on ideas that impact young lives has always driven me on to interesting experiments. Skills for Life initiative is a voluntary project that we are running since last 1 year as a pilot with 80 students of class 9th and 10th at an aided school SSMI in Delhi. The idea is to open up their thought process through classroom initiatives that are fun and beyond the domain of current education system. Slowly but gradually, it feels great to notice impact on these students. We plan to distribute the content and implementation model free of cost to more government and aided schools in future, but even if we end up changing 1 young life, it will make us happyJ. More about the initiative: About the initiativeChanges-Small but significantThe whole blog 
                                       

  • Who thought I would be winning college fests again: Well Almost! J I managed to contribute my little bit to a creation by a bright young team of budding movie makers called The Invictus. The documentary went on to win prizes at IIT Delhi and LSR, DU. What I am glad about is that there was no script for the documentary. What we showcased is what we truly felt.:

                                    

  • Running and Writing: Another half-marathon timed better this year. Expressions have always been special to me. Gladly they have kept flowing: My Notes
  • Random: Somehow I have learnt better to live each day whether it is grand or ordinary. I have been blessed with great friends in various friend circles with whom I have been struggling to stay in touch, but lately I feel that I am doing slightly better on that front as wellJ. I again feel blessed to be connected with myself and God.
With some special things building up, I am sure it is yet again going to be one great year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment