Thursday, July 1, 2010

Some people touch your life :)

There are times when you so regret your decision of going to some family function. Its around 3:00 at night and i have come back home from a marriage of a distant relative and i am surprisingly feeling very good. I hadn't met Pooja di for so many years now, but as soon as the news came that she was about to marry, i knew i would be there to be a part of this special occasion.

Pooja di used to visit our house whenever she used to have small trips of Delhi few years back. I used to be an average 12 year old child at that time. Both of us shared something in common, our inclination towards writing. I used to show her my poetry and she used to comment in disbelief 'how can a child of your age write such poetry'. Then to prove myself, i used to write more and make her read that. She applauded my writing skills in front of my parents. That was a rarity. Somebody praising me for some special skill i had. That boosted my self worth a great deal. I felt good about myself. It helped me a lot in my life.

This day at marriage venue, when i met her on stage, she exclaimed ' ohh, its the same chap who used to write great poetry' and even while we were briefly discussing things over the years, she looked at me and said 'don't ever let the poet die inside you, keep writing'.

And well its been super long time since i have written a poem, but Pooja di these few lines are for you:

When the world is continuously working to make it difficult for you to survive;
Some people come and touch your life.
In this cruel criticizing world, words of appreciation are a relief;
Its something that helps you re-store your self belief.
Thanks for being my life's important part;
May God bless you and give your new life a wonderful start :)

2 comments: